Call for Presentations
The Video Services Forum (VSF) is seeking presentations for the October Meeting Series at CBS, 524 West 57th Street, New York, NY 10019 on October 17, 2022.
This meeting is a gathering of end users, service providers, equipment manufacturers, and others involved with the world of television and video. You are invited to submit a proposal for a presentation on topics in any of the following areas or topics. Note that the list below is not ranked in any particular order:
You are invited to submit a proposal for a technically oriented presentation on topics in any of the following areas:
- Technical presentations on security, attack analysis, encryption, all in relation to professional media and/or transport
- 4K and beyond
- HFR (High Frame Rate) and HDR (High Dynamic Range)
- Professional media transport over packetized networks
- Carrier presentations regarding their contribution network offerings and plans
- Case Studies especially those involving the transition to IP or IT-based technologies
- End User Presentations on new production methods, new transport requirements, or other relevant topics
- IT-based thinking applied to the domain of media transport
- Mobile video and impacts of 5G on media production and consumption
- Network monitoring and diagnostics with an emphasis on its impacts on video transport
- Next Generation Television - Transport Implications
- Live sports and the application of IP/IT technology
- Relevant technical tutorials on transport-related topics, or tutorials on new technologies relevant to the VSF
- Uncompressed transport
- Video over Internet QOS challenges
- Virtual Private LAN Service - and its relevance to video transport
- Video compression technologies – including both traditional professional media compression technologies and new compression technologies from other areas that may have applicability for professional media applications
General areas of interest for presentation submissions include relevant protocols, measurement, standards, and provisioning. We also welcome ideas for different topics.
Proposals containing promotion of specific manufacturer's equipment or vendor solutions will not be considered.
Paper Submission Information
Speakers should submit a 100-200 word synopsis of their presentation for consideration by the VSF program committee. To be considered, the synopses must be received no later than October 3, 2022.
Presenters will be notified regarding the acceptance/rejection of their proposal no later than October 6, 2022.